My older son finally got his braces off yesterday & I planned a celebratory meal based on foods he wasn’t allowed to eat with braces on (but did anyway). Here is my adorable son.
I wasn’t going to serve candy apples and LaffyTaffy for dinner so I decided on corn on the cob, nuts & crunchy raw carrots.
For the nuts I made a Pecan-Crusted Cod based on this Pistachio-Crusted Cod from FineCooking.com
- ½ cup pecan pieces⅓ cup panko
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan (from the green shaker can, horrors)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces of cod
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 425º. Mix pecans, panko, Parmesan & olive oil together in a small bowl (I forgot the olive oil & just ended up drizzling it over the fish after topping with pecan mixture.)
Line a rimmed cookie sheet or broiler pan with foil & mist with spray oil. Place fish pieces on foil & spread with the Dijon. Carefully cover each piece of fish with the pecan topping. Season with salt & pepper. (This is when I drizzled the olive oil on top)Bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is crisp & browned.
- Shuck corn
- Lay out piece of foil big enough to wrap one ear in.
- Put pat of butter in the middle of the foil.
- Place corn on the butter.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Wrap up.
- Repeat for all ears
- Grill corn (that’s Eric’s job – one of these days I need to learn how to use the grill).
Last but not least, the preview for tomorrow’s Election Night Dinner…..